We welcome initiative, new ideas, and creative solutions. You might find yourself meeting with a group of factory owners as part of a fundraising initiative in the morning and tracking down someone to fix the office generator in the afternoon. No task is too large or too small when it helps the organization succeed. Being part of the Nanubhai team is not about “What do I do?” It is about “How do I make it happen?”
Our goal is to provide all employees with opportunities to learn and grow as professionals. In return, we ask team members to participate in, challenge, and advance our goals through their hard work and unfailing dedication to our mission.
The Nanubhai Education Foundation is passionately committed to transforming public education in rural India. Since 2004, we have worked in largely tribal regions in southern Gujarat. In the Bardoli taluka, our base of operations, approximately 25% of the population lives below the poverty line, and 34.2% of the population is illiterate.
By providing scholarships to financially vulnerable students, we participate in the ripple effect of upward mobilization in India. The careers that become available to our Nanubhai Scholars will change not only their lives, but the lives of their families and the stories of their communities.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Deep commitment to the values of Nanubhai and passion for improving education and closing the achievement gap in India
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating with multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic teams
- Initiative, creativity, passion and a strong sense of accountability
- Demonstrated record as both a team player and a self-starter, including exceptional organization and time management skills; a demonstrated ability to design a work plan, prioritize and meet goals; grace under pressure and an innovative spirit
- Computer skills including Microsoft Suite, GoogleDocs, GoogleCalendar, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including weekday evenings and some weekends when required to meet deadlines or participate in field work
- Experience with international/intercultural teams
To qualify for our full-time positions, Nanubhai requires a Master’s degree in a related field (International Development/Affairs, Education, Political Science/Government, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.) or relevant experience.